Monday, April 15, 2019

Imprinted

The title came up and I wasn’t going to listen. And then, someone came to mind and I thought, ...I’ll listen for “her”. 

Through the tears that came instantly, the message became for me. I was the “her”who needed to hear this today. 

You see, I can easily encourage someone else most of the time but sometimes I’m too harsh to the girl in the mirror. My hair cut is bugging me, my weight has become a constant battle, my former high energy level has slowly drained away, a few relationships are hard,  and time is flying by too fast ... leaving me perplexed. And, where is the beautiful singing voice I always wanted? 

These frustrations come when I go “there” and start thinking of myself, not others, and especially not thinking of my awesome God. So, in my self-preservation mode, I try to usually focus on others and Him. 

But, sometimes I wallow in my despair and forget the confidence from God I try to live by. 

Life is hard for everyone. 

But, not everyone tries to find the good in every situation, look for the lesson, learn from the momentary suffering, and find JOY in the journey. They major in minors and are ungrateful.

I dont want to be like everyone else. Especially “those” grumbly ungrateful, negative people. I want to choose joy ...despite circumstances. 


I’ve noticed some people don’t like happy people. I don’t get “those” people but I hear and see  them often in their attitudes, comments and facial expressions.Lately, I just stay away from them. They are “scratchy” to me. 

Sadly, you can’t make other people choose Joy. 

As I listened to the song, ...and the tears ran, I glanced in the car mirror and sang the words to myself. Out.loud.


 “The person in the mirror doesn't look like the magazine Oh, but when I look at you it's clear to me that...I can see the fingerprints of God, when I look at you, I can see the fingerprints of God, and I know it's true,You're a masterpiece that all creation quietly applauds, and you're covered with the fingerprints of God.
Never has there been and never again will there be another you. Fashioned by God's hand 
And perfectly planned To be just who you are.And what He's been creating Since the first beat of your heart Is a living breathing priceless work of art...”

That preaches. THAT speaks life. THAT heals, comforts, BLESSES....

Friend, you too have the fingerprints of God ALL over you! Believe it! If you’re not there yet, find His words in His Word that help you believe. Settle it today. Literally -no one on Earth loves you or can love you like He does. He created you. Just the way you are! For this time, in this place, in your sphere of influence. Be who you are created to be. And, Don’t blame others if YOU aren’t getting there. Only you can choose to fulfill Your destiny.... no blame, excuses, or jealousy. 



Don’t let the scratchy people~even yourself at times~  make you question that! You are His and You are Perfect the way you are! No one’s opinion even matters.


I’ll be applauding you... and watching! You are a masterpiece! 

Kris Ann Howsley King, ....you too! 






No comments: