Friday, December 29, 2017

Content con-tent

 End of year 2017.... Well, the kids have all left, the house is back to normal -picked up and too full, yet empty. I’m sitting in my favorite chair with my coffee, my Bible,my dog, and my journal ...and pondering. I am so blessed! Thank you Lord for my family,  for Randy whom I share it all with, for our blessings of life, love, health, friends, work, happiness, and “just enough” to keep our hearts seeking you  for all of it. I’m content with all I have and almost feel guilty for the abundance you’ve given to me. Why me? I don’t know but I truly thank you with my whole heart.

2017 has had great loss and great gain for me and my family. In the end we have You, Lord! You keep me strong, you keep me focused, and you keep me content.  Help me keep sifting through the good, the better, and the best in all things, to become the best me You dreamed of when you created me. Help me spread joy to others, help me to cause no pain, help me to  remain content and full of joy!

2 Timothy 3:16-17 “All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.”

My phrase for 2018 is “inspire(d) and content”.

I am, I will be, and I hope to inspire others in their contentment! We are so lucky to be alive and learning. Live, live, LIVE! Thank, thank, THANK! And Love, love LOVE! The key to contentment is choice. Choose it and do it!  That is the training in righteousness. Be taught, be rebuked, be corrected. And you will be trained, be complete, and be equipped ....for every good work He has for you this  next year! You are wealthy if you’re alive! Live FULL!  Let contentment be your con-tent.





No comments: