Thursday, November 30, 2017

Old friend, I've missed you!

Hello old friend! 
I’ve missed you so much! It’s been about 14 years or so since you practically left me- having been a great companion for most of my life. Ushered in by a commercial or touching movie, deep feelings of love, joy, hurt, pain, or gratitude you used to flow from me with greatest of ease! Sometimes I made a noise I never knew but my children did and always turned to see what was grabbing my heartstrings and ushering you in at that moment. Yes friend, I’ve missed you!

 Why did you have to go? You made me feel real. You made me feel alive. You made me feel connected to all things. You made me buy waterproof mascara since I’ve been a mother, keep tissues close by me at all times and make me want to write about what moves me in the moments we share together. I realize hormonal changes made you go away but I’m so thankful you’ve returned at times lately that can’t be explained.

 You were one trait given me by my dad that was very special. So, thanks for showing up again so strong lately. I don’t want to live without you! You make me feel good no matter what the reason for your appearance. You bring my soul peace and warmth I can’t truly or succinctly describe. Yes, I’m grateful for you, TEARS, you are a blessing when you come because I know I’m feeling all the feels I can. I love you, my treasured friend and companion. Please come around more often!


Embrace the journey!

No comments: