Friday, January 20, 2012

The beginning of the EMBRACE

Dear 2012, welcome !
It is time to really do this blogging thing....it is not that I don't have time, something I want to say, or reasons I want to do it, I just..... haven't!
So, here we are in 2012. I've now been a grandmother for almost three years and am about to be one again, next week! It is a ride I love to go on every day! I think the most fun has been watching my child become a parent. And, she and her husband are doing a great job!!! I am so proud! I had to chuckle over the recent purchase of the "mini van" and the utter despair (....perceived loss of "hipness?") I saw in my daughters eyes at the thought of it...however, she loves it now! And the grandaughter? ABSOLUTELY , the best little friend and joy to my life! Can't wait to meet her sister!!! I am already wrapped around both their fingers.
My very capable (and very handsome!) son has shown me he has the perseverance to endure many things, maybe not always happily, but always with determination and reflection. I am seeing so much growth in maturity and independence in him ! I don't see him or talk to him enough but the thought of him brings a smile and quick prayer to my mind always.
We have embarked on the journey of the empty nest this past fall with the launching of our youngest daughter.....and I must say it has been one of the hardest things I have ever gone through. I really love motherhood and parenting! However, now I realize that I have done my job with all of my kids, SHE is very independent thinking and yet has the values of our family. I have watched her face many situations lately with grace and thoughtfulness (for the most part!), learning a lot as she went. I have no doubt that she, like her sister and brother before her, will be a great, capable, responsible, and likable adult that will still bring me and my husband great joy!!
SO, here forward I will be sharing some thought on EMBRACING THE JOURNEY called Life.
We are all, blessed to BE!!
thanks for listening.....

No comments: