Thursday, July 3, 2014

Embracing the patriotic journey

I am a very proud American! In saying that, I must clarify.... I am happy to be an American and say I'm from here but I'm rather sad about the place right now. Why have we turned from the high ideals we were founded on? Christian principles were our foundation but being the home of the free has turned us into the home of the "free for all"! Do what you want, don't mind others and sure don't worry about what God would think about it! It's alarming how quickly we have strayed from the foundational ideals and principles, less than 250 years later! 
Children are often abused,  neglected and abandoned, unless they were aborted. Marriages are thrown away every moment for the next better thing..... Just like an electronic that is not the newest model. We as a people take no individual responsibility and are always looking for someone else to blame.... For everything we do! 
So many things are disrupted in life just because of these three things. But the list of Americas troubles is way longer than this. I guess my rose colored glasses are off and while I'm still a proud American, I'm not real proud of Americans!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands. One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. "


How very sad that we aren't all "under God", we certainly are divided and liberty and justice are for the squeakiest wheels or whoever has the most money or best lawyer. 

As a mostly positive personal outlook type, I can only speak for myself. I WILL live up to that pledge by myself if I have to. I'll BE  the only American with those ideals if need be. ...... But I sure hope I won't be alone. Wake up America! Return to our roots and we can once again all be proud of our country ...and our fellow countrymen. 

So, thank God for America, live under His ideals, care for everyone, work together, be the change you want to see in others, stand up for your beliefs, and walk the path of our forefathers so we can be One nation, under God, again! Take the journey to patriotism! Embrace it and fly that flag high! 

We ARE blessed, start living like it! 

No comments: